This is one more weekend where the words won't come as I stare at the FMF word prompt. I have a million thoughts running through my head yet when I put them together, they are too personal or too raw to put down on paper. Life transitions, changing relationships, new seasons, new lessons or old lessons relearned, unfamiliarity, familiarity, feeling trapped, feeling free, scared, excited, happy, unsure, beauty, disaster, life, death ... nothing is the same in my life as it was five months ago. In some ways, getting uprooted from where we were was a blessing in disguise for it opened the door for me to take steps I wouldn't have taken otherwise. However, in getting uprooted, it means there was a leaving behind--leaving behind friends, ministries, dreams, habits, etc. It's not easy leaving behind and it's not easy choosing to move forward at times. I miss the security of the familiar but am starting to enjoy the adventure and surprises found in the unfamiliar. It is in the unfamiliar where freedom is being found, where old patterns no longer work and require something new, where moments of courage resurrect hopes and dreams, where love enters longing spaces, where sweet moments nurture, and where darkness turns into day revealing something more yet to be explored. “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isa. 43:18-19Five Minute Friday (#FMFparty) gives writers a word prompt. We are encouraged to write whatever comes to mind about that word in just five minutes (although, I usually go longer bcs FMF helps fuel that spark in me to write). No editing, no perfection, only writing from the heart. To find out more, visit http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/. This week's word is "MORE."
Amy, moving is definitely an uprooting, stretching time. As a military wife, I moved three times in the first 15 months of marriage. I think it was the cross-country move that about undid me, though. We moved from where we were known to a place where no one knew us. I actually dealt with some depression after the boxes were unpacked. I was so lonely. God reminded me that, rather than holding onto what was no more, I was to plant my roots downward (deep into His word) and bear fruit upward. You know how God is, He works in our hearts as we adapt to the process of being uprooted. I'm praying for you today.
ReplyDeleteOh I hear this! We just moved last year and almost had to move again. I've spent the last 2 months in dread/anticipation. As it turns out, we get to stay here - but pieces of uprooting already occurred in my heart! Prayers as you continue to plant yourself anew!
ReplyDeleteI've been uprooted. I remember the swirl of emotions and the time it took to start seeing God's goodness in the new. May you have more and more of Jesus in the midst of the change.
ReplyDelete