Thursday, March 23

The Gift of an Embrace

Never underestimate the gift of an embrace! An embrace can convey many things from love to friendship to a simple greeting. An embrace brings comfort, closeness, acknowledgement, meaning, and hope. An embrace speaks when words can't. An embrace provides security when life seems chaotic.

Embrace...it's something so simple that can be tossed out carelessly or it can be something given as a precious gift. During this season, I am ever thankful for the sweet embraces of friends! These embraces reassure, comfort, and remind me that I am not alone through this time of transition and change!

Five Minute Friday (#FMFparty) gives writers a word prompt. We are encouraged to write whatever comes to mind about that word in just five minutes (although, I usually go longer bcs FMF helps fuel that spark in me to write).  No editing, no perfection, only writing from the heart.  To find out more, visit http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/.  This week's word is "EMBRACE."

5 comments:

  1. Embrace is something so simple that can be tossed out carelessly or it can be something given as a precious gift <--- love these words here of yours. Christ is a gift, and as daughters (and sons) of the King we are called to embrace those around us. Love you bio below for mom to Nonut and wife to Panut. ;) FMF neighbor, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the visual your words created--Christ is a gift...hope all of our hugs convey Him!

      Delete
  2. It's amazing what a hug and an embrace can do for the soul. Love your post today. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This is the shortest blog I've ever written bcs a hug says it all! ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so true. Sometimes there are no words but an embrace can say all that needs to be said.

    ReplyDelete