Friday, September 4

Behind the "Yes" // five minute friday

Yes--it's a word of permission, affirmation, promise and hope. It's a word that unlocks new doors and creates new paths. "Yes" rises above the voice of no because it believes that God has a plan. "Yes" pushes aside uncertainty and ushers in courage. And "yes" sees unlimited possibilities that can go in directions that none of us ever imagined.

When God gives the "yes", it's even sweeter because it affirms the truths in Ephesians 2:10 -- "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" and Philippians 1:6 -- "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." 
 

This week, I am celebrating the gift and blessing of a God-given "yes" after daring to dream and praying in faith that God would bring this dream to fruition in His time. There is something beautiful that happens when we go through the petitioning process outlined in James 1:16 -- "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

When my doubts threaten the "yes", when others feel it should be a "no", when I don't know if I have what it takes to run with this God-given "yes", God reminds me of what His "yes" means and that if He gives the "yes", He will give what is needed to see it through.

*Five Minute Friday (#FMFparty) gives writers a word prompt. We are encouraged to write whatever comes to mind about that word in just five minutes.  No editing, no perfection, only writing from the heart.  To find out more, visit http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/.  This week's word is "YES".

2 comments:

  1. I am encouraged by your post, especially the reminder that "if He gives the 'yes,' He will give what is needed to see it through." Visiting from Five Minute Friday. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians 1:6 is one of my favorite verses. I need to remember that God will equip me for anything that He has called me to do. I hope you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete