Read & Reading
Read:
Women's Uncommon Prayers (Morehouse Publishing)
This book was an unexpected treasure that I found in a used bookshop this weekend. It is filled with poems and prayers written by women in ministry that address various joys and struggles we face in motherhood, ministry, and life. So many of these poems and prayers echoed the prayers in my journal. Great prayers and encouragement to pass along to others as well!
Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Follow Much-Afraid's journey as she longs to overcome her shortcomings (fear, pride, physical hindrances) and be made beautiful. This allegory depicts a Christian woman's life as she learns what it means to love God, trust Him, and follow Him as He leads her on a journey of becoming and of promise. "The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places." Hab. 3:19
Adventure in Legoland by Carol Matas
This was a great read aloud for our Mother's Day trip. Aaron visited Legoland only to hear a mysterious cry of a fairy. He followed her cry, drank magic shrinking potion, and used his wild boyish energy to journey through Legoland afterhours where minifigures come alive and plots unfold. Aaron's job was to rescue the fairy queen's son from Bad Bart in Legoredo. A delightful little book that captured my boy's imagination!
Boundaries by Cloud/Townsend
A challenging read as I realize my worth and value and discover that it's truly okay to say no and to set those boundaries no matter how painful it is in the process. Boundaries are actually healthy and they keep me reigned in and aware of my limitations!
Reading:
Clout by Jenni Catron
The Mended Heart by Suzanne Eller
The Mom Factor by John Townsend & Henry Cloud
The Anatomy of Peace by the Arbinger Institute
Music
My Revival by Lauren Daigle
The Unmaking by Nichole Nordeman
Never Once by Matt Redman
Internet
Be Courageous Prayer (if:Gathering/if:prays)
Why Every Musician Needs to Think Like a Producer
How to Shut Down Gossip
10 Marks of a Mature Christian
Other Things I’ve Been Into
Cleaning and organizing for a new school year.
Getting ready (and super excited) for the big HEAV Homeschool Convention (leadership luncheon).
Discovering that there is way more to singing than simply opening your mouth and singing (aka voice lessons) but trying not to lose the joy and fun of singing in all the technical stuff.
Making Lego Gummies with my child.



Hi Amy, I like your May's reading list. I wonder what June is like?
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
Many Blessings to you.
I found some interesting reads for June, but the problem is finding time to sit down and read this month! Am sure you know how that is! ;) Hope you are doing well!
DeleteOh, I love Boundaries. Another favorite is Changes That Heal also by Henry Cloud. That Adventures in Legoland sounds like something my kiddos would love! I am going to have to try those lego gummies. That sounds fun!
ReplyDelete