There are seasons in my life where God keeps hammering the same lessons or "themes" into my life. These themes are weaved into conversations with friends, songs on the radio or at church, reading the Bible, whispers from God during prayer times, social media posts, sermons, and even random signs or billboards. Oh yes, I've been around the block a few times with these themes, yet they are taking on new meanings as the fog of the past that clouded my vision for so long is finally lifting.
1. Experience Perfect Love instead of being a slave to perfection and the fears of failure and not living up to your potential. I John 4:18--"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."
2. Someone needs to hear your story. I Peter 3:15--"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be
ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope
that is in you, with meekness and fear." Be authentic (genuinely you) always, but be wise in your transparency (who sees all of you). "Be careful to always be authentically you, because our public lives should always be a reflection of our private lives." ~Lori Wilhite & Brandi Wilson
3. Cling to the promise in the verse that keeps popping up everywhere. Be secure (confident) and patient in your calling and know that God will finish what He has started in His time. Philippians 1:6--"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
4. Know who you are in Christ. Galatians 6:14--"For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate." Ephesians 1:4--"Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love."
5. You are waiting for the perfect circumstances, people, and/or ministry and missing out on everything that is right in front of you. "Go" is a present tense word that means "right now". Be available in this very moment to do whatever God has assigned to you. Rather than resist the fact that you don't have a carefully crafted plan for your life, learn to enjoy the variety of opportunities, people, skills, and abilities that God has blessed you with. Marvel in that amazing training ground that He is providing for you through your church and homeschool organization. There are people all around you, even in those places, that need God so be open to God's leading no matter what it looks like. Isaiah 6:8 -- "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.'"
Hey Amy! I'm a #fmfpartysnailmail friend. Thanks for sharing your blog post with us!
ReplyDeleteAll of your themes are so prevalent to me right now, particularly #2. You never know who you will help- or who will help you- when you let people into your story. Our stories are so valuable and are so important- so is the community we share it with. We can't grow and help each other without being authentic about our lives. I'm learning that lesson right now. Thanks for the reminder. xoxo
Thanks for stopping by! Sometimes it's quite a transformation kind of work that only God can do that gets us to the place where we can unashamedly share our stories. Still learning a lot about that and am discovering that everyone has a story, even those who seem to have it all together. Something beautiful happens when there is authenticity! We'll keep working on it together! :)
Delete