Tuesday, July 2

Challenging Your Thoughts via IndoctriNation (free preview)

This 30-minute movie clip, a portion of the DVD, IndoctriNation, is worth the time to preview as it leaves you with powerful food for thought.
 http://watchindoctrination.com/
I have never been anti-public school (but went to a private school K-12) and was taught at a young age that public schools were "bad". Honestly, I had no idea why they were "bad" and why we were opposed to them (aside from the whole obvious, secular influences found in the schools). I never even thought twice about it until we started our own homeschooling journey and began to see what education is all about and began questioning education as I've always known it to be (even in the private schools).

At the HEAV Convention, I sat in on the workshops by IndoctriNation creator/producer, Colin Gunn, and my beliefs were challenged as he answered some of the tough questions and justifications that we hold about Christians being the salt and light in these schools. I'm still doing my own research as well as searching the Word and asking God to help us form our own family's convictions based on His Truth.

Don't instantly take this movie at face value but rather research what is said (it's eye-opening as you begin to see the truth) and use this movie as a conversation starter or jumping point to figure out what you believe about education and why you homeschool. Either way, let this movie encourage you in your homeschool journey as you are giving your child so much more than can be given in a traditional classroom setting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment