We visited North Topsail Beach a couple weeks ago and the pictures below are from that vacation. As we walked along the beach one evening, Psalm 36:5-6 and Psalm 139:17-18 kept coming to mind as I looked across the ocean and as my feet shuffled in the sand.
God’s love is meteoric,Not even the ocean can contain the love, the surety, the ways, and the mind of God, nor could the grains of sand under my feet, ahead of my feet, or behind my feet compare to the sheer amount of thoughts God has toward me alone. It's too mind boggling at times but maybe that's where the true beauty of the ocean lies--in all of the mysteries that we will never be able to fully see or comprehend. True beauty lies in the moments that call us to “Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)--it's like God's personal invitation to let it all go and savor the mysteries of the ocean.
His loyalty astronomic,
His purpose titanic,
His verdicts oceanic.
Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost;
Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. Psalm 36:5-6
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18
Five Minute Friday (#FMFparty) gives writers a word prompt. We are encouraged to write whatever comes to mind about that word in just five minutes (although, I usually go longer bcs FMF helps fuel that spark in me to write). No editing, no perfection, only writing from the heart. To find out more, visit Five Minute Friday. This week's word is "OCEAN".

The stillness, such a poetic post and glad to be your neighbor.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteNot even the ocean can contain the vastness... Perhaps I should get that tattooed right in front of my face so I forever remember- every second of every day...
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL!
It blows my mind to stop and think about all of that and how much God's thoughts and love are directed to us! Amazing! Thanks for reading!
DeleteBeautiful post! The ocean is by far one of my favorite places, and it doesn't even touch the immeasurable love of God. Thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Hope you are able to make it to the ocean soon!
Delete