This week's word is "tomorrow."
I have a love-hate relationship with the word tomorrow. In one way, "tomorrow" is such a word of hope. In another way, it's a word of justification.
Tomorrow brings a promise of newness, a day of starting over, a day of making better choices. It's a day of victory, surprises, expectations, and moments in which to see God in the details.
Tomorrow brings another round of excuses, another day to put off what needs attention, more time to delay change. It's a day of being noncommittal and thinking that there will always be tomorrow in which we can work on ourselves, our relationship with God, or our relationship with others.
However, God has been teaching me that He is in control of our tomorrows. He has plans and desires for our tomorrows that far surpass ours. He doesn't want tomorrow be another day of "nothingness" where we merely exist and run from one thing to another. He wants our tomorrow to be a day of purpose, of becoming what He wants us to be, and of living with intentionality.
Tomorrow is a gift. We don't know how many tomorrows we have or what will even happen tomorrow. But I'm tired of the excuses, of rationalizing why I'm still stuck in the same places, of why many things seem to move forward and I'm still hanging out on the outskirts.
I want to end today with the promise and hope of tomorrow, of knowing that change is possible, that God can be trusted, and that I can rest in His promises of restoration and transformation.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
“Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19

Beautiful post, and solid truths.
ReplyDeleteI'm here from FMF.
Thank you for stopping by!
ReplyDelete